Friday, July 8, 2011

A trip down memory lane

Well, my 6-month bandiversary will be here in 4 days. I met with my dietitian today, and she is very pleased with my progress, but we are working on a more scheduled meal plan that will allow me adequate time to eat, and try to add more variety such as fruits and vegetables.

I have an appointment scheduled with my surgeon on Monday for a very very conservative fill. I have been able to eat a lot more and am starting to feel hungry all the time again.

Anyways, as I am waiting for my husband to get home from work, I thought I would snap an updated photo of my surgery incisions. I didn't apply any fancy oils, or do anything but let them heal on their own. Some are darker than others, but I don't think they are bad at all.

This was taken the day of surgery, on January 12, 2011.

This was taken today, July 8, 2011. ( I would give anything to get rid of my "smiley face" as my husband calls it!)

Another one on the day of surgery.

And...
This past weekend, with my husband! :)

3 comments:

  1. Looking good!!! My port scar is a "frowny face" Every time my hubby sees it he quotes Despicable Me - "Uh oh, someone's got a frowny face!" You will get rid of your smiley face soon enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a transformation you have made already! Gotta love the smiley face, I have one too and it sucks! The one place I want gone is my stomach and that's the last place doing anything!

    ReplyDelete